Jeff Ross Entertainment (JRE) is a Literary Management and Production company founded in 1982. Jeff’s career began in production working on such hit television shows as “All In The Family,” “One Day At A Time,” “Maude,” “Good Times,” and “The Jefferson’s,” and such specials as “The Grammy Awards,” and “Kennedy Center Honors.” He then switched gears and moved into the talent representation field by working at the prestigious William Morris Agency. After several successful years there, he opened his own personal management firm, Jeff Ross Entertainment.
JRE specializes in managing screenwriters and directors, and developing film and TV projects with them. Jeff Ross created a literary division that comes with longstanding relationships in Hollywood, and New York. Jeff Ross Entertainment is owned and operated by Shareen Ross.
Feature film projects currently in development:
- Changes, A high-concept comedy with producer David Higgins (Big Momma’s Family).
- Paper Love, A romantic fable with producer Warren Davis (Stuart Little).
Television projects currently in development:
- The Acid Chronicles, a mini-series for television.
Literary projects that recently sold their motion picture rights:
- Jawbreaker, the NY Times bestseller by former CIA agent Gary Berntsen sold to director Oliver Stone.
- Supermob, Pulitzer Prize nominated writer Gus Russo’s book sold to CBS/Paramount.
- Black Dahlia Avenger, based on client Steve Hodel’s bestseller and sold to New Line Cinema.
Literary projects currently being represented:
- The Whistleblower: Confessions of a Healthcare Hitman, by Dr. Peter Rost, former Big Pharma executive.
- The Angel of Mostar, Sally Becker’s inspirational story.
- The Outfit, Gus Russo’s Pulitzer Prize nominated book on the history of Chicago organized crime.
- Gangsters and Goodfellas, the continuing story of ‘goodfella’ Henry Hill.
- Wised Up, the story of redemption of Baltimore’s major crime syndicate chieftain, Charlie Wilhelm.
- In The Kingdom of Shadows, the true-life story of ex-CIA agent Edwin P. Wilson.
- On The House, the true bizarre murder case of Michael Malloy by Simon Read.
- Brothers In Arms: The Kennedy’s, The Castro’s, and the Politics of Murder, by Gus Russo & Stephen Molton.
- Wasted, by Suzy Spencer.
- Alibi For An Actress, by Larry Beinhart & Gillian Farrell.
- Snake Moon, by Ray Manzarek ('The Doors')
- The Moe Prager mystery series by Shamus award winning writer, Reed Farrel Coleman.