Jeff Ross Entertainment (JRE) is a Literary Management and Production company founded in 1982. JRE specializes in managing screenwriters and directors, and developing film and TV projects with them.
Jeff Ross, Founder and past President of JRE, created a literary division that comes with longstanding relationships in Hollywood, and New York. His career began in production working on such hit television shows as “All In The Family,” “One Day At A Time,” “Maude,” “Good Times,” and “The Jefferson’s,” and such specials as “The Grammy Awards,” and “Kennedy Center Honors.” Jeff moved into the talent representation field by working at the prestigious William Morris Agency. After several successful years there, he opened his own personal management firm, Jeff Ross Entertainment.
Shareen Ross has served as Vice President of JRE under Jeff Ross since 2005, where she had the following responsibilities: coverage and feedback on literary submissions and queries, setting direction on JRE marketing and talent strategy, and operational support for the back office. She has over thirty-five years of experience in business development involving innovative new ideas and technology, relationship management and collaborative team building, and successful complex project management and execution through her career at a major global technology and consulting corporation. In September 2015, Shareen succeeded Jeff Ross as the President and Owner of JRE. She is a member of the Professional Representatives Peer Group of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Richard Reiner has joined JRE combining forces to bridge the artists, the properties, and the business together. Richard has been involved in the industry in many aspects since the mid seventies and worked as an actor, writer, talent agent and artist. Richard was Vice President of Commercials Unlimited for 22 years where he negotiated several celebrity endorsements and worked on building the careers of many young talent who have gone on to have impressive careers. Richard served on the board of the Association of Talent Agents for twelve years. He also served on the board of directors for No Limits, a non-profit school and arts for the hearing impaired. At No Limits, he was a principle leader in establishing the development of the theatre and educational programs since its inception in 1996.
JRE is committed to bringing quality works of substance dealing with humanity, the world and times we live in, and the things that engage us all in a meaningful and memorable experience. We are passionate about the people we represent and the properties they create.
Feature film projects currently in development:
- The Field: A group of strangers awake to find themselves in an endless field, with only their instincts and a collection of seemingly random items to help them find a way out. Optioned to Dune Entertainment & Stormchaser Partners LLC.
- Gotham Hotel: After a brutal mass murder, a crime scene cleaning crew is called in to work the job at a hotel with a horrific past that ties back to America’s first documented serial killer: Dr. H. H. Holmes. Optioned to Anacapa Pictures LLC.
- The Haunting of Eastern State Penitentiary: A team of Paranormal Investigators go to the most haunted prison on the planet, Eastern State Penitentiary, to disprove and logically explain why people say it's "haunted." Optioned to Stefan Vorzacek of Filmachine.
Television projects currently in development:
- The Acid Chronicles, a mini-series for television.
- Divorced By 30, a half-hour comedy in the vein of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER meets HITCH.
- Rocked, an hour-long comedy drama. What happens when a young promising musician on the cusp of breaking into the business learns that his biological father is the original bad boy of rock and roll? The conflict inherent in the set up of reunion between father and son set against the tumultuous and ever-changing music business sets up rich episodic themes and storylines.
- Rex and Vex, a half-hour comedy. A young boy Rex encounters a UFO landing and meets an Alien creature Vexitor, who transforms into an identical version of Rex in order to blend in on earth. The two become fast friends and the adventure begins.
Literary projects that recently sold their motion picture rights:
- Human Game, by Simon Read. The true story of the “Great Escape” murders and the hunt for the Gestapo Gunmen, sold to Abrams Artists Agency.
- Blood & Whiskey, by Peter Krass. The life and times of Jack Daniel, sold to Brownstone Entertainment.
Additional Properties currently being represented:
- Body Blow: Drama. A UFC fighter studying law at night school, becomes involved in a wrongful death case against the police, only to discover that the victim was involved with dirty cops. When the UFC fighter uncovers a much larger conspiracy, he becomes the next target.
- Boy With Vista: Drama. It’s the summer of 1964 and the new fad of surfing and the hysteria of Beatlemania are sweeping the country. But for 12-year-old Thomas and his best friend, Kent, life has just gotten very serious. After escaping the authorities and an abusive home life, they’ve run away from home. Their plan? To live out the rest of their lives in Disneyland. The only thing they have to do is wish upon a star. And get there. Alive. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn in the 20th century, just as the 60’s are about to explode. .
- Blood And The Monsoon: Drama. When a woman is killed after seeing a video that must not get out, a reporter finds himself in the middle of a deadly conspiracy of murder, greed, and politics that goes much higher than he could have imagined. Reporter, Frank Mason is on a personal mission to uncover the mystery behind a missing Native American tribe, when his attention is suddenly diverted to the murder of his good friend Teresa James, owner of the Desert Rose escort agency. A bloody trail of escorts quickly follows as Frank courses a deadly chase across the Arizona desert, while uncovering clues that tie to an energy conference.
- Down By The River: Comedic Drama. A long, often comedic night in 1970s St. Louis for sophisticated interracial couple Lester and Margaret. A battle of intellectual titans, they grapple with getting married and for the first time publicly showing themselves as a couple, or ending their decades-old secret, profound love relationship. Professors both, they're under the gun with forced retirement, a dying parent, and racial tension in the very neighborhood where it's rumored James Early Ray planned the King assassination.
- Trumpet Man: Psychological Thriller. FATAL ATTRACTION meets BIRDMAN in this dramatic story about a black actor who gets caught up in a deadly affair with his emotionally unstable white leading lady, while filming a dark thriller set in the deep south.
- Mates: British Comedy. A couple of British immigrants jump ship in Long Beach and try to survive in Los Angeles. This edgy comedy has the vibe of THE FULL MONTY, TRAIN SPOTTING, and BILLY ELLIOT.
- The Girl In The Big Green Coat: Romantic Comedy Drama. A relationship-averse young man living in his folk's garage, he meets an enigmatic, eight month pregnant girl new to the city. Security professionals shadowing her every move, through hard knocks and comedic adversity the young man uncovers her mega-wealthy father will stop at nothing to have the out of wedlock baby disowned and adopted.
- Remember Me: Drama. An elite team of F.B.I. Special Agents uses a new experimental technology to enter the memories of criminals & witnesses to solve cases.
- Solus: Political Thriller. After a political assassination, ex-cop turned bounty hunter Clint Walker travels to an ungoverned city on the sea to bring back the man responsible but ends up uncovering a larger conspiracy that ties back to the death of his own son… This script tackles the hot-button political issue of Seasteading.
- L Train: Thriller. Four American tourists find themselves trapped in a realm between this world and the next when they accidentally catch a ride on a metro train not meant for the living…
- State Secret OPTIONLOCK: Action/Thriller. A Black Ops agent recovering from mission-induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, must overcome his own demons and risk death to prevent his now-rogue Commanding Officer from destroying Washington DC, assassinating the President, suspending Congress, and imposing martial law.
- State Secret D-RAD: Political Thriller. Washington D.C. - While investigating a Senator’s death, an insurance investigator has to put aside his hostility towards his own detective-brother as they uncover a political conspiracy. Emanating from the very highest level of government, the conspirators plot to keep-secret a developing political situation guaranteed to devastate the U.S. economy and end America’s position as a global superpower.
- re:INCARNATE: Supernatural Thriller. New York businesswoman POPPY VAN GAARD survives a surreal attack and undergoes a Near Death Experience. In her search for answers, she turns to regressional hypnotherapy. Through a revolutionary computer which converts memories into images, she learns her attacker is an immortal religious fanatic determined to retrieve information locked inside her memory from a previous incarnation. Information he’s going to use to trigger Armageddon…
- The Pimpernel: Family/Comedy Adventure. France, 1789; The French Revolution and English Lord SIR PERCY BLAKENEY has no option but to turn himself into masked super-hero The Scarlet Pimpernel as — equipped with a slew of high-tech weaponized gadgets which enable him to fly, vanish and leap tall buildings in a single bound — he seeks to rescue his uncle from execution, identify the murderer of his cousin and save the life of the woman he loves.
- Argonauts: Family/Adventure. Ancient Greece - in order to resurrect his murdered fiancée and take revenge on her attacker, a timid goatherder must find and retrieve the mystical Golden Fleece by assembling a crew of Argonauts, undertaking a perilous journey off the edges of the map, battling supernatural creatures and struggling to overcome his own weaknesses.
- Movienet: Family/Adventure/Animation. When a mysterious storm threatens a fairytale kingdom, a charlatan dragon slayer, the King's daughter and two incompetent bandits must bury their differences and work together to prevent the storm from destroying their world. A world which, unbeknown to them, exists on a computer server whose disk array is being formatted by a faulty discharge of static electricity -- which they see as the storm. The server itself is just one of many mainframes which form part of an online movie service called MovieNet which houses an infinite number of worlds, or as we call them: MOVIES. And as our heroes venture out of their world in search of their salvation, their comedic adventures take them into many movies all familiar to moviegoing audiences…
- Dinossault: Action/Adventure. A gung-ho Marine and nerdy physicist have just hours to figure out how to prevent humankind's extinction, after an Area 51 research project misfires opening a temporal rift, unleashing hordes of dinosaurs which assault Las Vegas. The rift then spreads worldwide pitting the human race against millions of the most ruthless predators the world has ever seen.
- Mobius Strip: Psychological Thriller. MOBIUS STRIP is told from the point of view of an artist who makes the biggest mistake possible –- he accidentally kills another person, though he doesn’t realize it.
- Sir Ivanhoe: Historical/Adventure. The battle for freedom is the price of true love. Ivanhoe must battle tyrants to save the woman he loves, prevent the king's wicked brother from ruling, and stop an evil Djinn from world domination. Robin Hood and The Sheriff of Nottingham; King Arthur and Merlin; Braveheart and Longshanks -- all are well known protagonists/antagonists from medieval British folklore. Included in this list should be Ivanhoe and de Bois-Guilbert, a dramatic pairing where one’s epic heroic proportions are balanced only by the other’s villainous ruthlessness. Adapted from the classic novel by Sir Walter Scott, think GAME OF THRONES meets BRAVEHEART or ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES.
Literary projects available for option
- Angel of Darkness, by Dennis McDougal. The true story of Randy Kraft, most prolific serial killer in U.S. history, responsible for 67 murders over a 13-year period in the 70s and 80s.
- In The Best of Families, by Dennis McDougal. The true story of schizophrenic Michael Miller, son of Ronald Reagan’s attorney, who raped and murdered his own mother.
- Anthony Dan, a Graphic Novel by Chris Campanozzi. A novice writer becomes the victim of a celebrity widow and a forgotten creative genius.
- America Girls, by Stacia Raymond. American Girls is a novel chronicling over a decade in the relationship of two best friends and their tragic split.